[antlr-interest] ANTLRworks stability?

Jim Idle jimi at temporal-wave.com
Thu Nov 22 11:26:12 PST 2007

I have had such things happen but it is usually because I did something silly with my grammar without realizing and caused huge amounts of memory to be consumed. This usually crashes Java with anything and... well that's another conversation ;-)

I invoke ANTLRWorks with as much memory as I can give it and this usually means it is able to cope (the JVM that is). Generally I think that the issue is it runs out of memory and then all bets are off. This may be that ANTLR itself does not end up releasing a bunch of objects. Try this:

"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_01\bin\java.exe" -Xmx750M -Xincgc -jar C:\antlrsrc\antlrworks\antlrworks-1.1.4.jar

Jim