[antlr-interest] using ANTLR with netbeans

Nkonyereza Diane nkodidi at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 1 04:23:39 PDT 2007

Hi, Thanks for your email. I've been trying to work on this for a full day now with no success :(. I have done everything like it says in Ali's email but still not working.

This has stopped me from making any progress and I don't know what else to do :(

Please help!!

Thanks
Diane

Subject: FW: [antlr-interest] using ANTLR with netbeansDate: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 14:29:59 -0400From: Waverly.Edwards at genesys.comTo: nkodidi at hotmail.com

Here is the other email Ali sent.

W.

From: ali azimi [mailto:aliaazimi at yahoo.com] Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 6:14 PMTo: Edwards, WaverlyCc: antlr-interest at antlr.orgSubject: Re: [antlr-interest] using ANTLR with netbeans

Hi,

I hope by writing “antlr works” in my previous email, I did not cause any confusion. By “antlr works”, I meant all your java classes which are produced by antlr and you want to execute in netBeans environment. I try to explain it more clearly. I hope it works. I know how frustrating it can be.

As I explained previously, you need to place the two runtime files (antlr and org which I gave you not anything else) in the source package you keep your java files produced by antlr like lexer, parser and tree walker. In my machine, the runtime files (org and antlr) are placed at the address: C:\MyProjects\FinalFinal\src . So as all the other packages which include my parser, etc produced by antlr. I will send you a snapshot of the netBeans interface. In the snapshots you can see some packages which their names start with antlr and org. You need them. But not the ones for other languages like c and etc. but do not worry they do not cause any harms. You do not have to go and create packages for each of them. If you drag and drop the files I gave you to the source package of the project (like FinalFinal in the snapshot), the files will look like the ones in the snapshot. Along with them in the same “source packages”, create your classes. (again just drag and drop the text files of lexer and parser and tree walker created by antlr and stored in an address similar to C:\tmp\antlrworks into the created package for your antlr java classes like finalPro at C:\MyProjects\FinalFinal\src\finalPro. See the snapshot). Make sure the java classes in your package like finalpro have the name of the right package “finalPro” and have the import line ”import antlr.RecognitionException;”. As java classes produced by antlr do not have this import line and you have to add it yourself.

Best of luck,

Al'Edwards, Waverly' <Waverly.Edwards at genesys.com> wrote:

I thank you very much for this.  Unfortunately I am still unable to put the pieces together.

W.

From: ali azimi [mailto:aliaazimi at yahoo.com] Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 9:08 AMTo: Edwards, WaverlySubject: Re: [antlr-interest] using ANTLR with netbeans

Hi,

I have had all those problems before. I use NeatBean 5.5. I have enclosed the zip file of all the Runtime packages needed. I did this:

There are two files in the enclosed zip. org and antlr. I placed the two files in the source file of the package containing my antlr works. It has been working for me perfectly.

Best wishes,

Al'Edwards, Waverly' <Waverly.Edwards at genesys.com> wrote:

I am using netbeans 5.5.1 and I've been unable to figure out how to use the runtime jar as a library. I've placed the file in the classpath, added a new classpath, added the source directory and have not had success being able to use ANTLR with netbeans.
Is there a way to do this?
W.

Got a little couch potato? Check out fun summer activities for kids.