[antlr-interest] Another newbie Q: AntlrWorks wants to do remote debugging only on my Java-based grammar?

Edwards, Waverly Waverly.Edwards at genesys.com
Tue Oct 2 01:27:19 PDT 2007

I experience this problem *many* times.  The problem for me was two
fold.  First there was some embedded java
that Antlrworks didn't agree with.  No error was generated when I
checked the grammar.  Fortunately for me
I knew that the last things I did were direct changes in the grammar and
embedded some java.  After making
prototypes for each function I believe that I either had a syntax error
or a missing include file.  I do
not recall which.  Most often it was a syntax error.  The second problem
was the need to reboot the machine
or change the port in which the debugger worked.  I believed this
particular error tied up the port and it
no longer became usable.  I changed the port in one of the preferences
and it would work or I would reboot.
To save myself time, I would most often change port numbers.  I learned
to prototype all my functions and
before placing them in Antlrworks to alleviate that problem.

W.