[antlr-interest] ANTLR Target Language Templates (ActionScript3)

Sun Oct 7 14:33:18 PDT 2007

Hello everyone, I am in the process of building the ANTLR runtime and
language templates for ActionScript 3..

  The templates and runtime are pretty much a direct Java port, because the
languages are extremely similar.

  There are a couple questions that stump me though:

  a) How are return types in ANTLR grammars formatted by the template.

      Syntax in ActionScript 3 for variable creation is the following:
      var variableName:variableType = variableAssignment;

      which differs from Java's syntax.

  b) How do you create new files via the templates. I don't think you can,
and I may need
             to modify the ANTLR Tool, but this is important because the
ActionScript 3 compiler
            (Flex) will not allow inline classes, it has a strict one class
per file definition (It does allow
            "private-scoped" classes outside the package declaration though,
this may be an answer.)

  I thank the ANTLR team so much, you have solved a lot of problems in my
project.

  I hope to hear from you,
     JP St. Pierre.