[antlr-interest] Fwd: How can I check in a code section of which type a token is?

Austin Hastings Austin_Hastings at Yahoo.com
Sun Oct 7 16:56:39 PDT 2007

OJ,

You could check if the first character of $c.text was a double-quote (").

Or you could put logic in the grammar to handle that in a subrule:

value_param returns [ value ]
    : STRING_CONST { $value = $STRING_CONST.text; }
    | identifier { $value = myFetchValueFunction($identifier.text); }
    ;

=Austin