[antlr-interest] Removing System.out and System.err calls

Robert.Klaus at innovations.de Robert.Klaus at innovations.de
Thu Oct 25 03:49:19 PDT 2007

Hi,

In the BaseRecognizer.class there are several calls to System.err and
System.out. In ANTLR2 I could overwrite methods like "reportError" to
take care of the messages myself.
However this is not possible in ANTLR3, as some of these calls are in
methods I think are better not overwritten (e.g.
"recoverFromMismatchedToken").
Would it be possible to delegate all reporting to dedicated methods,
e.g. "public void reportError(String msg)"? This would allow users of
ANTLR3 to switch off System.out calls or use their own logging facility.

Bye,

Robert

P.S.

I'm using ANTLR 3.0.1