[antlr-interest] Rewrite Rules & ASTFrame

benjamin.b.lenz at daimlerchrysler.com benjamin.b.lenz at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Sep 7 02:21:38 PDT 2007

Hi guys,

I am using ASTFrame to visualize the generated flat tree from my parser
grammar. Now I tried to add rewrite rules to restructure the tree but there
is no difference to the AST w/o the rewrite rules. Does ASTFrame work with
rewrite rules or is there another problem? Any help would be great!

Here a snippet of the Java1.5 grammar:

grammar Java;
options {k=2; backtrack=true; memoize=true; output=AST;
ASTLabelType=CommonTree;
compilationUnit
      :     annotations?
            packageDeclaration?
        importDeclaration*
        typeDeclaration*
        -> ^(packageDeclaration importDeclaration typeDeclaration)
      ;

// Here I expected packageDeclaration to be the root of importDeclaration
and typeDeclaration //
packageDeclaration
      :     'package' qualifiedName ';'   -> ^('package' qualifiedName)

Thanks,

Ben

If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately that you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete it. We thank you for your support.