[antlr-interest] Does an actual repository exist for antlr?

Wincent Colaiuta win at wincent.com
Fri Sep 7 08:16:10 PDT 2007

El 7/9/2007, a las 16:56, Michael Mosmann escribió:

> Am Freitag, den 07.09.2007, 09:18 -0400 schrieb Kenny MacDermid:
>> On 9/7/07, Wincent Colaiuta <win at wincent.com> wrote:
>>         The problem with Subversion/CVS is that they suck at
>> branching
>>         and
>>         merging, and that's precisely that reason why Ter uses
>>         Perforce (very
>>         good at branching/merging).
>
> what kind of trouble do you have with svn branching and merging? (i
> hope
> you know subversion is much better than cvs, especially at this
> point).

Yes, I know. I switched from CVS to Subversion once the latter hit
1.0 and used it exclusively for approximately three years, so I am
quite familiar with it. It was a pretty dependable, useful system
with only a few annoyances (the most significant of which were
the .svn directories being spewed throughout my working copies). But
merging sucked for reasons I've outlined in another post to this
thread. I probably would have put up with it if it weren't for the
fact that there are so many alternatives out there in which merging
*doesn't* suck.

I switched to SVK when I couldn't bear the pain of merging any
longer, and then to Git when I couldn't bear the slowness of SVK
(Perl seems to be the culprit there). And I am more impressed with
Git than I have ever been impressed with an SCM before; the developer
community is highly active and innovative, the codebase is very
robust and well-tested, it's fast as hell and easy to use once you've
learnt the basics, so it's hard to believe there will ever be
anything compelling enough to make me switch away from Git in the
foreseeable future.

Cheers,
Wincent