[antlr-interest] replacing NoViableAltException with exception with less stack

Jochen Theodorou blackdrag at gmx.org
Mon Sep 10 19:05:18 PDT 2007

Randall R Schulz schrieb:
 > On Monday 10 September 2007 13:40, Loring Craymer wrote:
[...]
 > Overriding fillInStackTrace() is the canonical way to allow instances
of Throwable subclasses to be initialized cheaply (the real
fillInStackTrace() is quite expensive).

 > Naturally, that technique serves other purposes for which a real
stack trace is not desired or required, as well.

yes.. we don't need the stack trace except when we debug the grammar
itself.. But well..looks like there is other way than adapting the
generator itself. I hopes there was a solution for this using the
grammar. But of course the grammar can't do it all

bye blackdrag

--
Jochen "blackdrag" Theodorou
Groovy Tech Lead (http://groovy.codehaus.org)