[antlr-interest] Tree Grammar from parser grammar

G R relationalalgebra at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 06:25:48 PDT 2007

Hi all

I'm actually trying to move from my parser grammar to a tree grammar using
AST rewriting rules as much as I can.
The problem is that I've got 2 rule that I don't know how to deal with using
rewriting rules.
Here is a part of my grammar :

select    :    Select LeftBrack condition RightBrack (LeftParent raQuery
RightParent | Name)
        -> ^(Select condition raQuery? Name?);
condition
    :    conditionTerm
        ->^(Condition conditionTerm);
conditionTerm
    :    logicalTerm (Or^ logicalTerm)*;
logicalTerm
    :    logicalFactor (And^ logicalFactor)*;
logicalFactor
    :    Not? o1=operand CompareOperator o2=operand
        -> ^(CompareOperator Not? $o1 $o2)
        |LeftParent conditionTerm RightParent
        -> ^(conditionTerm);
operand    :    Name
        |Numeric;

The rules for conditionTerm and logicalTerm are the ones that I've try to
change using rewriting rule, but i can't any solution...
Could anyone giving me a hand ?