[antlr-interest] Another newbie

David Lloyd lloy0076 at adam.com.au
Wed Sep 26 23:39:01 PDT 2007

Well,

> 2007/9/27, Nkonyereza Diane <nkodidi at hotmail.com>:
>  Someone has suggested to me that I could base my project on writing a
> translator that will translate JACK into XML using ANTLR. JACK extends Java
> and has the concepts of agents - oriented programming.

There is a grammar that states it is mostly, if not completely,
compliant with Java 1.5 on ANTLv3's web-site. Its written by Terrence
Parr (who is the lead developer for ANTLR itself).

It's not clear what type of "license" it has, so it would be best to ask
Terrence if it's all right to use in your work. Also, if your project
says you can't "borrow" large parts of your work, then obviously you
shouldn't use it.

Just a thought.

There's also a tool called ANTXR.

DSL