[antlr-interest] Newbie Q: Tree Grammar, Template or manual

Simon Woods simon.woods at virgin.net
Tue Apr 1 11:20:23 PDT 2008

Hi

I'm just beginning to start using antlr -so forgive the dumb question!

I am trying to develop a query language which is quite like (derivative
of) SQL but has other structures which are more explicit of the data
structures being interrogated which I will then tranform into SQL. I
have developed an outline grammar for my query language but am wondering
what is the best option for generating SQL. Certain parts of a statement
may map directly onto a SQL clause whereas other bits may need
completely re-writing to fit SQL.

I would be grateful of any pointers, clues or links which I could go
through to increase my understanding of this.

Thanks

Simon