[antlr-interest] invalid StringTemplate % shorthand syntax: '%s'

Aurelian Melinte ame01 at gmx.net
Sun Apr 6 17:32:49 PDT 2008

Hello,

I am getting the above mentioned error although I have escaped all the occurrences of % with \% but I still have a few of those errors.  The only unescaped '%' are in the lexer:

   MOD             : '%' ;
   MODEQUAL        : '%=' ;

If someone can answer these questions, I would be grateful:

1. Why do I have to escape the % in C code? Are there any other characters that need to be escaped?

2. How do I escape it in the lexer tokens?

The grammar generating these errors can be found here: http://www.freeshells.ch/~amelinte/CPP_parser32m.g.

It is an attempt to adapt the C++ grammar authored by Mr. Wigg to ANTLR3; it generates other errors too, but for now I would like to get rid of these %-related errors.

On another note, this grammar crashes ANTLR.

Best regards,

Aurelian Melinte