[antlr-interest] ANT Task Antlr2: expecting "Parser", found '('

Robert.Klaus at innovations.de Robert.Klaus at innovations.de
Mon Apr 7 00:40:14 PDT 2008

Hi,

I am having problems when using the ANT Task to inherit from a
supergrammer using the "glib" option. I am using a combinend grammar
(contains Lexer, Parser and TreeParser) and each of these components
inherit from an abstract class (e.g. the parser has the notation
'extends Parser("some.pack.age.AbstractParser")'. Now I wanted the Lexer
grammar to inherit from a supergrammar, so I changed the definition
accordingly.
The Parser is built using an ANT script, where I used the glib option to
point to the supergrammar.

Unfortunately ANTLR threw an error telling me >> expecting "Parser",
found '(' <<. I looked at the "expandedMyGrammar.g" file, which was
produced and found that my Parser definition was broken, it was changed
to 'extends ("some.pack.age.AbstractParser")' (note the missing
'Parser').

I considered this a bug, so I tried to enter it on www.antlr2.org but
the link to bugs is broken (the same for www.antlr.org).

As Antlr3 is out and this is an Antlr2 bug ... is this going to be
fixed?

Cheers,

Robert

Robert Klaus