[antlr-interest] Java 1.5 grammar updated

Stuart Watt swatt at infobal.com
Tue Apr 8 10:04:03 PDT 2008

Curious! I just replicated this on a different version, so both Sun JDK
Java 6 on Windows and Sun JDK Java 5 on Linux compiled this file OK;
interestingly no class file seems to have been created.

I also tried gcj, and managed to break that:
> stuart at stuart-desktop:~$ gcj test.java
> /tmp/ccIIuwWz.jar:0: internal compiler error: in java_parse_file, at
> java/jcf-parse.c:1951
> Please submit a full bug report,
> See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
> For Debian GNU/Linux specific bug reporting instructions,
> see <URL:file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.2/README.Bugs>.
It looks like a good grammar should accept this, but clearly not all
compilers comply.

It's been ages since my last "internal compiler error" - it's made my day!!!

--S