[antlr-interest] A complete ECMAScript 3 grammar

Aaron Leiby fireonyoursleeve at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 11 18:17:31 PDT 2008

Awesome work!  Very well commented and easy to read.  I like how you
documented the tradeoffs particularly in favor of performance.

What
are the usage rights for this?  I'm looking to build some scripting
support into some ad hoc projects I've been toying with, but I'm not
very happy with the direction ES4 is headed.  I was also thinking about
stripping out a lot of the blemishes found in Javascript at the same
time (like the automatic semicolon insertion, getting rid of 'with', no
automatic global scoping of vars, etc.).  I'm not much of a grammar
expert, so being able to use something like this as a springboard would
be a huge start.