[antlr-interest] C# TARGET ANNOUNCEMENTS

Micheal J open.zone at virgin.net
Sun Apr 13 21:08:31 PDT 2008

Johannes,

> > No. Not the ANTLR tool builds. I was referring to the ANTLR
> C# runtime
> > distribution archives. For the downloads page.
>
> You mean the runtime separately from the build?

If you meant to ask "Did you mean the C# runtime distribution as distinct
from the ANTLR tool or java runtime distribution?" then, yes.

> > I don't expect that C# devs would be happy to use Ant to
> build C# bits
> > when Nant exists. Conversely, I doubt that replacing the Ant build
> > with a Nant build would please Java devs wishing to build the
> > java-based ANTLR tool itself or indeed the java runtime.
> Same for C, Python....
>
> Actually I meant that one could add to the Ant-build an
> <exec>-task which executes the appropriate build for a
> runtime. Those could be linked.

*shrugs*  --  If you insist on a unified build, why use Ant?. NAnt is just
as capable.

Don't see the value personally. I expect that ANTLR users who wish to build
from source are able to build the java bits (i.e. ANTLR tool + java runtime)
using Ant - the java build tool and, the C# bits using the equivalent tool
Nant.

Micheal