[antlr-interest] Can I get automatic line wrapping when using ST from ANTLR?

siemsen at ucar.edu siemsen at ucar.edu
Thu Apr 17 12:27:44 PDT 2008

I have a grammar that outputs Java, including javadoc.  I output
javadoc-style paragraphs by breaking strings into lines and handing
the resulting ArrayList to StringTemplate via rewrite rules.  In the
ST template, I use separator="\n * ".  This works fine.

Today I stumbled across the description of automatic line wrapping
built into ST at

     http://www.antlr.org/wiki/display/ST/Automatic+line+wrapping

It looks good, but to use it you feed the line width to toString().
I'm using ANTLR's neat interface to ST with rewrite rules, hence I
don't have access to the toString() method.

Is there a way to use access ST's automatic line wrapping via ANTLR's
interface to ST?

-- Pete