[antlr-interest] Forcing action into DFA

Patrick Hulsmeijer phulsmeijer at xebic.com
Fri Apr 18 03:16:30 PDT 2008

All,

Is there a way to force an action into the prediction DFA although the
alternatives are not ambiguous? An semantic predicate wouldn't work
because it will not be hoisted into the DFA. I want to execute an action
before the alternatives of a rule get evaluated.

E.g.:

rule:

                : TOKEN

                | HIDDENTOKEN

                ;

The HIDDENTOKEN is on a channel that is not visible to the parser but
will be switched to a channel that is, by an action. To make this work
with DFA prediction I need to execute the action that will make
HIDDENTOKEN visible before the alternatives are looked at. How can I
make this happen?

Gr, patrick.