[antlr-interest] RE Lexer rule for number range matching ?

Gavin Lambert antlr at mirality.co.nz
Thu Apr 24 19:58:01 PDT 2008

At 05:52 25/04/2008, Nagesh, Harsha wrote:

 >I tried these suggestions, but I am getting the following
warning
 >in ANTLRWorks when I include this rule
 >
 >"The following token definitions are unreachable:.."

You've probably got another lexer rule that matches sequences of
digits.  Remember, the lexer is contextless, so if you have other
possibilities for digit groups you can't do the range-checking in
the lexer.  You need to make a general-purpose NUMBER rule in the
lexer and do your range checking in the parser instead.