[antlr-interest] how to pronounce "antlr"?

Randall R Schulz rschulz at sonic.net
Sat Apr 26 07:04:15 PDT 2008

On Saturday 26 April 2008 06:26, gaochunguang wrote:
> I have used antlr for one year. but how to pronounce "antlr"? :)

As if there were an 'e' between the 'l' and the 'r': "antler."

Or any way you want, since few of us ever run into each other to be
heard pronouncing it wrong...

I have a colleague who prounounces UML "ooml" and XOR "zor."

Then there's URL, which goes both way, letters or "earl." Or GIF, which
can be either "giff" or "jiff."

And just yesterday I heard a professor talking on the BBC pronouncing
Linux with a hard 'i'. She said it several times, so wasn't a slip. I
though we left that one behind years ago.

> thank.

RRS