[antlr-interest] Latest intermediate build (ANTLR 3.1b1)produces broken Java code

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Wed Apr 30 10:50:29 PDT 2008

On Apr 30, 2008, at 10:23 AM, Micheal J wrote:

> Hi,
>
>>> Is there a way to turn off the DFA for testing? One of the great
>>> things about Antlr is that I could figure out why my grammar was
>>> failing by reading the code. Unfortunately, I can't do that
>> with the
>>> DFA predictor.
>>>
>>> Shmuel
>>>

>> Try -dfa option to look at DFAs. Verrrrry nice.  Better, use
>> AW to ask for the DFA.
>> Ter
>
> Is there no [combination of] option/switch that will turn off the
> DFAs and
> 'downgrade' to simple LL(k) analysis in v3.1?

sure.Put option k=... for that particular decision or entire grammar.
Note that ANTLR would have done that already had it been okay. Most
likely this person changed the grammar, which is forcing 3.1 to make
DFA. Or, the fixes I made to the semantic predicate lookahead stuff
may force it. I am about to look into that section of the code looking
for a bug anyway. I will look.
Ter