[antlr-interest] JavaScript Target - first release

Joey Hurst jhurstus at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 16:21:42 PDT 2008

The first release of the ANTLR JavaScript target is now available.
You can download either a pre-compiled version (suggested) or the raw
source:
http://antlr-javascript.googlecode.com/files/antlr-javascript-0.0.1-compiled.zip
http://antlr-javascript.googlecode.com/files/antlr-javascript-0.0.1-src.zip

If you download the source distribution, build instructions can be
found here: http://code.google.com/p/antlr-javascript/wiki/BuildingANTLRJavaScriptTarget

To see the code in action you can open one of the example web pages in
runtime/JavaScript/examples/.  Note that the larger examples run very
slow in Internet Explorer at the moment, so I'd suggest using a faster
browser like FireFox or Safari (I'm working on performance
improvements).  The runtime/JavaScript/tests/functional directory also
has some good examples.

If you have some spare time and know a thing or two about JavaScript
I'd appreciate it if you could take a look and send some feedback
(either to me or the antlr-javascript mailing list -
http://groups.google.com/group/antlr-javascript ).

Although the JS target is passing a large suite of tests at the
moment, I'd still consider this alpha software because the API will
probably change a bit before the first public release.

One final note: the downloads linked above are sync-ed with the 3.1b2
release of the main ANTLR distribution.

Thanks,
Joey Hurst