[antlr-interest] Q: Eclipse AntlrDT plugin - cannot open file

Gerald Rosenberg gerald at certiv.net
Sun Aug 3 22:41:53 PDT 2008

At 06:11 PM 8/3/2008, Austin Hastings wrote:
>I was using the wrong DLTK. Now I'm using the right one, and I have
>the same problem.
>
>I unpacked the dltk zip into the eclipse directory (actually, into
>.., since the zip included an "eclipse" node). I re-downloaded the
>antlrdt. Unpacked it into eclipse. Still the same exception.

Would be better to have used the dropins folder.  See,
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox_p2_Getting_Started  Helps to keep
third-party plugins separate from the base install.  Still, what you
did should work.

Check Help->About->Plug-in Details to verify which version of the
DLTK plugin the workbench is actually using.  Probably need to
uninstall the 0.95 version and/or restart the workbench with the -clean option.

>Does antlrdt bundle the antlr libraries?

Yes, included for use internal to the AntlrDT plugin to support the
editor and for code gen.  Eclipse automatically establishes an
independent classloader for each plugin, so AntlrDT will not be
affected by any other Antlr jar instances.