[antlr-interest] Creating a templating engine

Rick Mann rmann at latencyzero.com
Mon Aug 4 14:23:37 PDT 2008

On Aug 4, 2008, at 14:10:28, Randall R Schulz wrote:

> Is your interest the end result, the template system itself, or is it
> the task of creating a templating system?
>
> Because if it's the former, there are plenty to choose from, and these
> are not trivial systems. I use FreeMarker.

I omitted one important detail: the resulting engine needs to be in C
or C++.

I guess I should look around for solutions first, but I admit to a
certain inane desire to write the grammar and engine from scratch.
Partly to ensure it fits in with our existing web server code, and
partly to make sure we have no code license issues, and partly because
I enjoy punishing myself.

--
Rick