[antlr-interest] Adaptors in C

Jim Idle jimi at temporal-wave.com
Wed Aug 6 08:46:10 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 16:47 +0200, Tomas Potrusil wrote:

> I've noticed that Jimi just updated the adaptors for C. Great! Thank
> you very much! His changeset comment is nice - he says there that it's
> useless in his opinion. Well, for me it is useful - I don't want any
> pANTLR3_BASE_TREE in my classes and adaptors are the right hammer here
> - decoupling of ANTLR stuff from the rest is much better... Also
> thanks for new saying (Je m'en fous) ;-)

The fact that I think my original way was better from a work point of
view, will not stop me giving everyone enough of their own rope if I
can ;-) This is not extensively tested yet - first I need to verify that
I did not break the standard adaptor, then I need to make sure that
installation of a custom adaptor is easy. But I think I have escaped
being the last one to finish 3.1 - it looks like there will be a day or
so for me to improve things. In this release, you will find that AST
building is upwards of 10X faster than before too, depending on just
what you are building.

Jim