[antlr-interest] Weird execution / debugging problem

Julien FURET julien.furet at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 02:01:04 PDT 2008

Hi,

I'd really appreciate some help about a strange problem I have been facing
for a few days now, and I will try to be as clear as possible about it.

I am working with Antlr 2.7.7. Last week, I had some NullPointer exception
when executing my file parser after adding a new rule to my grammar. When
trying to debug it (into Eclipse 3.2), the debugger was kind of "lost" in
the Parser.java file (the announced line was not the good one, step by step
debugging missed some lines, ...). I thought I had reached some limit there,
concerning either Antlr or Eclipse.

That's why I tried with a new version of Eclipse (3.4). After importing the
project, it worked for several days, until the day before yesterday.
Yesterday morning, same problem : NullPointers when trying to parse files
and debugger lost in lines...

I transferred my work on a colleague's computer (running Eclipse 3.3) and I
worked perfectly all the day of yesterday.

But this morning, same problem... I am turning mad !

Would you have any idea about the possible origin of this problem ? I am
stuck...

Thanks in advance...

Julien