[antlr-interest] ANTLR generating invalid Java

Oren Ben-Kiki oren at ben-kiki.org
Fri Aug 8 14:11:41 PDT 2008

> ... your yaml language seems to be using space indent for structural meaning
> (not a good idea if you ask me),

Be that as it may... the idea was to have ANTLR *not* do anything
special with white space - just leave it alone and let it be parsed
like any other character. Possible?

> so if you just throw it away you won't have
> context. Having looked at the specs for Yaml, I am not convinced that ANTLR
> is the correct tool for you to use to be honest.

Yes, YAML syntax is hairy - almost as bad as Perl's :-) Still, it
would be nice to use ANTLR for it, since it should allow retargeting
the parser to diferrent platforms...

Oren.