[antlr-interest] ANTLRV3: internal error: org.antlr.tool.Message.toString(Message.java:124): Assertion failed! Message ID 10 created but is not present in errorMsgIDs or warningMsgIDs.

Kay Röpke kroepke at classdump.org
Sun Aug 10 04:53:56 PDT 2008

Hi!

On Aug 9, 2008, at 7:16 PM, Francis ANDRE wrote:

> Got an internal error in ANTLRWorks 1.1.7 as
>
> [19:13:23] error(10):  internal error:
> org.antlr.tool.Message.toString(Message.java:124): Assertion failed!
> Message ID 10 created but is not present in errorMsgIDs or
> warningMsgIDs.
> Any idea how to bypass this error??

This is a bug in one of the error reporting methods of ANTLR. Other
than finding the place where an error is not being registered in the
errors bitset, you can't do anything about the failed assertion. So
far I've been unable to locate the code that causes it.

Looking at the usages in ANTLR, the most likely cause is a wrongly
specified template action (something like %foo(a={...}) in an action
of yours). Otherwise it's being used for file errors, and internal
things that really shouldn't go wrong (DFA construction errors for
example). Take a look at your template actions, to see if you've made
a typo somewhere.
If you are not using templates, could you post a small grammar that
exhibits the problem, please? Then we should be able to pinpoint the
missing bitset add.

thanks,
-k

--