[antlr-interest] ANTLR 3.0.1: invalid character column in a mismatch character error message.

Francis ANDRE francis.andre.kampbell at orange.fr
Thu Aug 14 09:46:45 PDT 2008

Kay Röpke a écrit :

> If fact, I strongly believe tabs to be supremely evil and they should
> be first up against the wall when the revolution comes ;)
Sorry Key, but I strongly vote in favour of tabs within source code and
processing them at the editor or whatever text processor(which ANTLR is
not, you're right).
But tab permits to adjust the typology of the source code to your habits
and usage for a better understanding of it....(hu a strong debate about
style/indentation in perspective)..
But at least, if someone is used to tab at 4 spaces and another one at 2
spaces and a third at 6...all of them will be happy when looking at
their code through their favourite text editor while the binary text
will be *exactly* the same... (even on mainframe, the classical l ISPF
editor handles tab properly!!) So be happy with tabs ;)

Cheers

FA