[antlr-interest] Need for regular FAQ mails (was: Re: unsubscribe request)

Kay Röpke kroepke at classdump.org
Sun Aug 17 14:57:36 PDT 2008

Hi!

On Aug 17, 2008, at 10:06 PM, Brent Yates wrote:

> In his defense, I have never seen a List-Unsubscribe header on any
> ANTLR
> emails.  It IS easy to unsubscribe from the main ANTLR web site, but
> the
> information is not in the emails that I get.

FWIW, here's the header I see on every mail:

I'd blame it on insufficient support in the mail programs.
Unfortunately I've never seen any application that presents this
information in a reasonable way (or could easily be configured to do
it). Then again, I normally know what to do with mailing lists ;)

On a related note, I'm wondering whether we should assemble some sort
of FAQ and post it to the list in regular intervals as well as
including it's text and/or a link to it in the welcome email.
Some stuff comes up very often, and especially for beginners it seems
hard to figure some stuff out or at least figure out where to find it.
That doesn't mean noone makes a bona fide attempt to find out before
posting, but, well you know what I'm getting at :)

cheers,
-k

--
Kay Röpke