[antlr-interest] Lazy load of CommonTokenStream?? - javadoc command

Ron Hunter-Duvar ron.hunter-duvar at oracle.com
Mon Aug 18 15:59:13 PDT 2008

Andy Tripp wrote:
> To generate the ANTLR runtime javadoc, go to...
>
>     $INSTALL_DIR/runtime/Java/src
>
> ...and type...
>
>     javadoc org.antlr.runtime org.antlr.runtime.debug org.antlr.runtime.misc org.antlr.runtime.tree

I did something similar:

cd $INSTALL_DIR
mkdir doc
javadoc -d doc -sourcepath runtime/Java/src -subpackages org.antlr.runtime

This gave me 17 warnings (most if not all about StringTemplate classes
not being found), but otherwise seems to have worked as I expected. I
had previously tried to include the development classes as well with:

javadoc -d doc -sourcepath src:runtime/Java/src -subpackages org

But that gave 108 warnings and then threw an exception, leaving the docs
only partly done. I couldn't figure out why it should do that. But I
probably don't need docs for the development classes anyway. If I ever
do, I'll see if I can get them generated correctly.

I've probably hijacked this thread long enough 8^).

Thanks,
Ron

--
Ron Hunter-Duvar | Software Developer V | 403-272-6580
Oracle Service Engineering

All opinions expressed here are mine, and do not necessarily represent
those of my employer.