[antlr-interest] site back up

Randall R Schulz rschulz at sonic.net
Tue Aug 26 11:33:26 PDT 2008

On Tuesday 26 August 2008 11:27, Dennis Benzinger wrote:
> Hi!

> Static initializers are executed when the class is initialized. See
> http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/third_edition/html/classes.html#8.
>7
>
> When a class is initialized is described in detail in
> http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/third_edition/html/execution.html#
>12.4.1
>
> Simply referring to HomePage.class will not initialize the class.

That really depends on what you mean by "refer[ing] to." That value does
not exist unless and until the class is loaded, after all. I don't
believe it's possible to load a class that contains any compiled
reference to a class literal in this form that does not trigger loading
of the class in question.

> HTH,
> Dennis Benzinger

Randall Schulz