[antlr-interest] Can't recoginze a file start with HIDDENlexer since 3.1b1

Jim Idle jimi at temporal-wave.com
Thu Aug 28 07:59:19 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-28 at 13:29 +0800, Ronghui Yu wrote:

> The following is the complete implementation of CREATE DATABASE of our
> Sybase parser, and it shows its structures.
> The text in red below was added a few days ago when I found this
> problem. I commented it because they would introduce some other
> problems. God....
>
> Thanks
>
> grammar Sybase;
> options
> {
>     language    = C;
>     backtrack   = true;

Hmmm - backtrack = true isn't a good idea for something like SQL (or
almost any production parser really) - this may be masking your issue,
but I will look at this for you this weekend - apologies that I am too
busy to look a this before then.

Also, my own parser matches the comments in the lexer and places them on
their own channel. You can then look for them in the tree walker if you
need them.

Jim