[antlr-interest] Ways of collecting result templates

Imre András iar73 at freemail.hu
Sat Dec 6 18:59:39 PST 2008

Hi,

My grammar processes an assignment list. Collecting result templates in the following way works:

prog : (s+=assignment)+ -> template(in={$s}) "<in>";

The above handles the assignment list as a whole. Now I'd like to do something with each assignment individually. I changed the grammar:

prog : assignmentList -> template(in={$assignmentList.st}) "<in>";
assignmentList : assignment al=assignmentList? -> template(in={$assignment.st}, in2={$al.st}) "[<in>]<\n><in2>";

This results in an error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: cannot embed template anonymous in itself

Is there a way to solve this with anonymous templates, or do I have to say goodbye to inline templates at this point?

Thanks,
  András