[antlr-interest] sub-tree tree parsing

Sohail Somani sohail at taggedtype.net
Sun Dec 7 15:17:52 PST 2008

Terence Parr wrote:
> On Dec 7, 2008, at 2:55 PM, Sohail Somani wrote:
>> Thanks for the quick reply. The timing of the addition in your
>> branch is
>> a nice coincidence!
>>
>> Is the idea that the rest of the tree passes through unchanged, except
>> for the parts I am interested in?
>
> Indeed.  It does the rewrite in place too. no creating an entirely new
> tree.  i love it.

Whoo.. That is nice.

It isn't entirely clear but are topdown and bottomup special rules
(understood by ANTLR) here? I'm assuming that the bottomup rule
corresponds to the downup "strategy".

The last time I used ANTLR was ANTLR2 when ANTLR3 only had a Java
target. Looks like I got a bit of reading to do :-)

Sohail