[antlr-interest] Organization of complex template structures

Mike Pagel mike at mpagel.de
Sun Dec 21 23:48:05 PST 2008

Hey Loring,

maybe I missed a feature of ST so far. You said:

> 4.)  A StringTemplateGroup can load multiple template groups, so any large group can be split up into several smaller groups and all can be loaded into a single StringTemplateGroup.  [I have not had reason to do this; it seems more common to override some templates in one group with another.]

I thought you'd have to load a *single* group file into a
StringTemplateGroup and the only way to combine it with other groups is
through static (in the group file) or dynamic (through the loader)
inheritance. How do you load let's say three template groups "a.stg",
"b.stg" and "c.stg" and can they then call into each other?

Your phrasing ("large group can be split up into smaller groups") could
imply hierarchical groups containing groups containing templates, but
this is not possible, right?

I am sorry if I actually missed those parts of the docs, any links or
samples are appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike