[antlr-interest] real-life programs

Peter Bulychev peter.bulychev at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 02:38:35 PST 2008

Hello.

Thank for answering my previous question. I want to reformulate it more
generally now. Of course, I can get the answers on some points by myself,
but if you answer me, it will  save my time great and maybe it will be
useful to somebody else in future.

   1. Is ANTRL suitable to parse real-life programs? For instance, is it
   possible to write a grammar, using which I will be able to parse all C#
   projects from SourceForge? I agree with fact of missing some details such as
   preprocessing directives but I want all files to be parsed. Maybe, the
   grammar should be less strict than the programming language.
   2. Can I modify this grammar to generate AST representations of
   real-life programs?
   3. Is it possible to work with scopes of variables? I want to "glue
   together" all leaves with the same variable.

Thank you.

--
Best regards,
   Peter Bulychev.