[antlr-interest] new build, fixes AST creation in tree grammars

Mark Volkmann r.mark.volkmann at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 06:56:09 PST 2008

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 8:05 PM, Terence Parr <parrt at cs.usfca.edu> wrote:
> http://www.antlr.org/download/build/antlr-2008-02-14.18.tar.gz
>
>  February 14, 2008
>
>  * Fixed a bug in the code generation where tree level 0 was used
>    no matter what to rewrite trees in tree grammars. added unit test
>
>  * Fixed ANTLR-221. exceptions were generated when using
>    AST construction operators and no output=AST option.
>
>  February 13, 2008
>
>  * Improved error msgs for unreachable alts and tokens.

One of my grammars that has been working every intermediate build
doesn't work with this one. Here are some of the error messages I get
while running org.antlr.Tool.

     [java] error(100): MathLexer.g:0:0: syntax error: assign.types:
<AST>:0:0: unexpected AST node:
     [java] error(100): MathLexer.g:0:0: syntax error: assign.types:
<AST>:0:0: expecting BLOCK, found ''
     [java] error(100): MathLexer.g:0:0: syntax error: assign.types:
<AST>:0:0: unexpected AST node:
     [java] error(100): MathLexer.g:0:0: syntax error: define:
<AST>:0:0: unexpected AST node:
     [java] error(10):  internal error: MathLexer.g :
java.lang.NullPointerException

I can send you the grammar files if you'd like to see them.

--
R. Mark Volkmann
Object Computing, Inc.