[antlr-interest] possible bug in ANTLR 3.0.1

Carter Cheng carter_cheng at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 17 06:14:59 PST 2008

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to replicate something very similar
to the code listed on p.183 of the ANTLR Reference but
this seems to cause an error when you attempt to
compile the *Parser.java file because ANTLR "forgets"
to declare variables correctly.

I managed to correct the problem for in my case
inserting one line in the two respective functions:

type_return type27* = null;

After which the file compiles without complaints and
seems to execute properly. I am wondering if this
error has been resolved with the newer betas and where
I might be able to find them.

If I am in error about this I apologize, I am still
rather new at this.

Thanks in advance,

Carter.