[antlr-interest] $ in action comments

Ian Moor iwm at doc.ic.ac.uk
Thu Feb 21 09:30:30 PST 2008

I have finally tracked down two errors from generating a tree parser:
error(111): pico/Gen.g:16:9: reference to attribute outside of a rule: zero
error(114): pico/Gen.g:454:11: attribute is not a token, parameter, or return value: v0

 in the first case there is a  // comment in the members  sections containing $zero, and
in the second case there is a comment  in an action containing a $v0.

- the reported  error positions are not error, and only have removed all other references,
did I realised that the comment were the cause!

Ian W Moor                    Department of Computing,
iwm at doc.ic.ac.uk           Imperial College.
                                    180 Queensgate
                                     London SW7 2AZ UK.