[antlr-interest] pseudocode translator to java,c and Ada

Randall R Schulz rschulz at sonic.net
Thu Feb 21 15:54:02 PST 2008

> You are right, but precisely, pseudocode(s) are not programming
> languages, so it (they) do(es) not really have syntax rules.

Well, then there's no hope of creating a parser, is there?

> I'll be happy with any of it ! (close to Pascal)

I'm afraid there's no way around devising a completely precise grammar
if you're going to process it with ANTLR. Or yacc / Bison, JavaCC,
SableCC or any other parser generator. They're all based on some form
or elaboration of BNF (Backus Nauer Form). That's mostly what it means
to be a formal grammar.

>> What is this "pseudocode" you speak of? There are a million, since
>> they're rarely formalized. And without formalization, they cannot be
>> translated, of course.

>  so ...i assume that among the "million" pseudocode, at least, you
> have one  to propose me ;-)

Well, you cannot do better then LISP!

>> _The_ translator?  Unless I'm missing  something,
>> the use of the definite article is unwarranted.
>
> ok, one translator !
>
> ok, let's say , I'll be happy to find One pseudocode translator to
> Ada, for instance, whatever the pseudocode looks like,

Well, I could be surprised, but I doubt such a thing exists.

> thank's all !
>
> Joe

Randall Schulz