[antlr-interest] what does /** do?

Loring Craymer lgcraymer at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 25 17:04:02 PST 2008

No, it is not the norm--most systems just ignore javadoc comments.  Ter, however, decided to transmit the javadoc comments to the generated code, so ANTLR recognizes the javadoc comments in selected places that conform to stylistic conventions.  Comment preservation in language translators is somewhat of an art; the approach taken by ANTLR has the advantage of simplicity and utility, with the slight "drawback" that a javadoc placement style is enforced.

--Loring