[antlr-interest] static antlr c++ BitSets

Brian Meidell Andersen brian at gameequation.com
Tue Feb 26 08:06:07 PST 2008

Hi,

I am using antlr 2.7.3.
The parser I am generating is creating some static class members
(tokenSet stuff) that are BitSets. BitSets in turn use std::vector.
This causes heap allocations to occur during the pre-main() static
allocation step, and I'd very much like this to not happen.

Is this something that can be configured away somehow? Is it something
that has been changed so it doesn't happen in later antlr versions?

Here's an example line from my generated parser that causes the problem:
const ANTLR_USE_NAMESPACE(antlr)BitSet
ShaderParser::_tokenSet_0(_tokenSet_0_data_,4);

--

Brian Meidell Andersen
The Game Equation