[antlr-interest] C++ parser generator

Johannes Luber jaluber at gmx.de
Thu Jan 3 09:49:29 PST 2008

John Gunnarsson schrieb:
> Recently I discovered the need for a parser generator, tried flex/bison
> but disliked it since it isn't really made for generating c++ code.
> Is it possible to generate a c++ generator with antlrv3 (or any other
> version of antlr)? cant find much documentation about it, the wiki is
> only containg info about the C parser generator, as far as i could see.
>
> //John

The former maintainer of the C++ target left because of lack of time and
the new one didn't manage to finish the wrapper around the C code - the
C code is still somewhat C++-incompatible (though this is being worked
upon). The best bet is to use the C-Target and a C-compiler and to use
"extern C" in your C++-code so far.

Johannes