[antlr-interest] gUnit (Aug 20, 2007) incompatible with ANTLR 3.1b intermediate builds

Ana Nelson nelson.ana at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 03:32:52 PST 2008

I had some trouble getting gUnit working, I was getting Java Exceptions such
as:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: type

Eventually I changed my classpath to reference the official antlr release (
antlr-3.0.1) and not the intermediate build/early access version (
antlr-2007-12-31.17), and recompiled the grammar I was testing with
antlr-3.0.1 and that did the trick.

I did try compiling gUnit.g with antlr-2007-12-31.17 to see if I could use
the more recent version, but there's an issue with quote escaping so the
generated .java files won't compile.

Just posting this here in case anyone else has a similar problem.

Are there any plans to make gUnit part of ANTLR? I would really like to have
tests for my grammars and to stay up to date with recent versions of ANTLR
(since I'm hoping to switch to the Ruby target if it gets more development).