[antlr-interest] Natural language parsing

Gavin Lambert antlr at mirality.co.nz
Tue Jan 8 13:19:49 PST 2008

At 04:44 9/01/2008, Andy Tripp wrote:
 >So how would ANTLR help in trying to figure out grammatical
 >structure if the approach is "best fit" rather than top-down
 >LL?

I'm fairly sure that something like Inform 7 (natural language
based) *could* be parsed by something like ANTLR (though I'm also
fairly sure that's not what it uses).

That's a case where the grammar is fairly restrictive, despite
initial appearance; although one complication is that the source
file can introduce new grammatical constructs.