[antlr-interest] pushed antlr build with tree rewriting and composite grammars (java)

David Holroyd dave at badgers-in-foil.co.uk
Sat Jan 12 10:53:56 PST 2008

On Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 04:39:54PM -0800, Terence Parr wrote:
> http://www.antlr.org/download/build/antlr-2008-01-10.16.tar.gz

I'm having a go at upgrading from 3.0.

First little thing I notice is that I need to implement some additional
methods in  TreeAdaptor.  The only non-obvious thing is the intention
of,

  setChildIndex(Object,int)

should this result in the child actually changing position?  i.e. given

  (TREE A B C)

a call to

  setChildIndex(A, 1);

would give

  (TREE B A C)

?  Or is this just for bookkeeping, and the child is already at this
location?

Maybe my problem is I'm not sure why CommonTree records 'childIndex' and
does,

  public int getChildIndex() {
      return childIndex;
  }