[antlr-interest] help in antlr

faraz ahmed passionist_81 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 16 07:14:43 PDT 2008

hi,
i m new user to antlr and beginer java programmer.I have spended almost a week in running and installing antlr tool.Then i used antlr with eclipse but to no avail .even i couldnt run my first programme using anltr.Using eclipse i have compiled my grammer file it makes a token file along with lexer.java and parser.java files.after that according to first tutorial i made Test java file but when i run these files
ANTLR Parser Generator  Version 3.1b1 (May 20, 2008)  1989-2008
error(100): Test.java:2:1: syntax error: antlr: Test.java:2:1: unexpected token: import
error(150):  grammar file Test.java has no rules
error(100): Test.java:0:0: syntax error: assign.types: <AST>:0:0: unexpected end of subtree
error(100): Test.java:0:0: syntax error: define: <AST>:0:0: unexpected end of subtree
errors r coming i dont know where things have gone wrong.
One thing more as i am beginner if there is any possibilty if example given should be easy like "hello world.java"  so that it will be easier for the beginners.
thanking you ,
phil