[antlr-interest] [ANTLR] Translating from one language to another

Andy Tripp antlr at jazillian.com
Fri Jul 18 08:26:03 PDT 2008

Jazillian is a product that translates C and C++ to Java.
See http://www.jazillian.com for info.

I know a couple of people have done some simple Java-to-other-language
translators. They start with the java.g and then either modify
the treewalker java.tree.g or modify my "hand-coded-treewalker" approach
at http://www.jazillian.com/antlr/emitter.html.

Translating the core language is fairly straightforward, especially
when you start with Java because it's the "less feature rich" language.
The hard part is translating the library calls.

Andy